A new Kickstarter project that is a multi-function charger with an innovative design. It features a bendable wire skeleton with three legs, and will be available for the iPhone and Android phones.
Torso is an ultra-portable charger that is currently hoping to raise over $50K in funding. Formally called Twig, this is the brand new iteration of the device. Measuring in at just over 100mm (or 4 inches), this new phone cable is designed for the on-the-go traveler. It certainly is smaller than the phone cables the manufactures provide, and is more portable with multiple functions.
The design is what is described as a bendable wire skeleton with 3 legs. But the 3 bendable legs are what makes this charger unique. From the 3 legs, it allows you to turn the harder into different modes, each with a different purpose. The modes Torso has listed on the Kickstarter page are:
- Ultra-portable mode: Sync and charge on the go.
- Wall charger mode: Charge your phone right on the outlet.
- Tripod mode: Snap fun tripod photos on the go.
- Tripod mode: Pose for perfect self-timer (or Pebble assisted) photos.
- Tripod mode: FaceTime with friends: on the go and hands-free!
- Cord Wrap mode: Save space with the best earbud cord wrap.
- Widescreen mode: Watch a movie or the game in widescreen mode.
Pretty cool eh? Seems to put your old manufacture cable to shame with all the different available modes.
Currently, the Micro-USB version is $15 for early bird pricing, and will be $17 once the early bird versions run out. The lightning cable version is $23 for early bird, and $25 once the early bird versions are sold out. As well, the 30-pin version is $19. The Micro-USB and 30-pin versions will ship in April 2014, and the lightning versions will ship in May 2014.
You can purchase the device from Kickstarter using this link. We’ve already purchased ours, and will have a full review ready once the device launches later this year. For such a small device, it will be perfect if you are the on-the-go consumer.