Gmail has launched a new app for Chrome users to be able to access Gmail offline. It is based on HTML5. This feature will eventually come for Docs and Calender, moving more of their services “into the cloud.” My prediction from the Chromebook post was correct! Here are step by step directions.
(1) Make sure you have Google Chrome. You can download here.
(2) Download the app from the Chrome Web Store. Click the link here.
(3) Click on the app on your “new tap” page. Use CTRL+T for easy access on Windows.
(4) Log in with your Google Account.
(5) A sign will come up. Make sure you don’t click the option that allows offline mail storage on a public computer. This will backup your inbox.
You can now read, star, label, and archive messages. You can compose new ones, and they will be sent once your internet connects.
*Image courtesy of the Chrome Web Store